Honey-Ginger Sauce Recipe
This recipe is much more about the sauce rather than the tofu. Tofu is just only one of the many ways you could use it. You’ll love it if you like gingery flavors. It’s refreshing, flavorful with umami, savouriness and a slight sweetness. It is also incredibly versatile. After I made the tofu, I mixed up an extra batch of sauce to use as dipping sauce for hot pot and it worked perfectly, especially with beef!
If I were to make the tofu dish again though, I would probably cut the tofu into small cubes just for additional surface area and a better sauce-to-tofu distribution.
Adapted from Chatelaine
A refreshing honey-ginger sauce, flavorful with umami, savouriness and a hint of sweetness.
- 350g Extra Firm Tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 stalk Scallion, chopped
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp (21g) Honey
- 2 tsp Ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp Oil
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the sauce and marinate the tofu with it for at least 15 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, lift the tofu into a large pan on medium-high heat and gently stir-fry the tofu until brown and cooked, about 10-15 minutes. Reserve remaining marinade.
- Plate tofu, drizzle over reserved marinade and sprinkle scallions over top.
This recipe is gluten-free if you use gluten-free soy sauce and vegan if you use agave syrup instead of honey.