Slow-Braised Pork Ragu Recipe
Yay, one more day till Friday! You know that feeling when you have worked hard all week long and just want to relax an do the bare minimum? But you can foresee it…come Monday, you’re gonna feel like you wasted a whole weekend. Wait a sec before you grab that phone and call for takeout! How about just 10 minutes of work (oh really, “work” is such an exaggeration) in exchange for a homey, flavorful meal that’s going to make people think you labored for hours? This slow-braised pork ragu will leave you feeling productive and rewarded for your busy week while you curl up with a book or flick through channels on the couch. Who says you have to work hard to feel productive?!
Adapted from Simply Delicious
Slow-braised pork that is tender, juicy and full of smoky flavors.
- 1kg Boneless Pork Leg
- 2 Red Onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- 14oz No Salt Added Canned Diced Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 4 cloves Garlic, peeled, left whole
- 2 tbsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 320°F.
- In an oven-proof roasting dish with a lid, place all ingredients and stir to mix. Cover with lid and bake for 3 hours.
- Turn the oven up to 430°F. Remove the dish from the oven and shred the pork with two forks. When the pork is shredded, stir to incorporate with the sauce evenly. Bake, uncovered, for another 10-15 minutes. Adjust seasoning.