Roasted Garlic Recipe
may will deny this when asked, but this roasted garlic might be a new “habit” I’m taking up.
Really, what’s not to love? It takes barely any work at all and it embodies the savouriness, softness, silky smoothness, warmth and deep aromas that define comfort food.
And the versatility? Smush it up and spread it on toast, throw it into a salad, pasta, risotto, sauce…pretty much anything aside from desserts. And if you insist on incorporating it into a dessert, okay, I will raise an eyebrow but I promise to keep an open mind and try not to judge.
I do feel sorry for Mr. H (and every living being around me), just a little.
Just to get you started, here are a few awesome recipes that you can use this new friend in:
- Shrimp Burgers with Roasted Garlic-Orange Aioli from Food 52
- Tuscan White Bean and Roasted Garlic Soup from Skinny Taste
- Roasted Garlic and Parmesan Beer Cheese Dip from The Beeroness
- Blue Cheese and Roasted Garlic Sandwich from Give Me Flour
- Creamy Roasted Garlic Pasta with Spinach & Sausage from Alaska from Scratch
I’m off to brainstorm some more to use this fabulousness!
Adapted from Simply Recipes
Roasted garlic embodies the savouriness, softness, silky smoothness, warmth and deep aromas that define comfort food.
- 1 bulb Garlic
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Remove the outer skin of the bulb and cut off the tips.
- Wrap the bulb with with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. When cooled enough to touch, remove from foil and squeeze the cloves out with your fingers.